GHFP was established in 1995 by Simon Xavier Guerrand-Hermès and Sharif Istvan Horthy. The founders believe that to effect enduring positive change and transformation in the world, the individual ought to start from a deeper connection with his/her inner life and spirituality. This principle guides the focus of our work and how we approach it.
Mission and Objectives
The mission of the Guerrand-Hermès Foundation for Peace is to promote and support peace, and a sustainable human future. We seek to contribute strategically to the resolution of human problems, in a spirit of optimism and realism. Our objective is to facilitate processes that help true human qualities to develop in the world, and for our work to be inspired by these qualities.
GHFP operates as an international think-tank and peace research institute. Our focus is to identify and investigate key questions of human concern, and to develop an understanding of the dynamics of relevant topical issues.
- The fostering of peace and harmony between people
- The promotion of inter-religious understanding through dialogue and through the deepening of individual religious and spiritual experience
- The provision of education and learning experiences to enable the unfolding of each person’s full potential, including the stimulation of an entrepreneurial spirit that enables people to use their talents to improve the quality of their lives and of those around them
- The seeking of innovative solutions to the problems of poverty and injustice, and to the need for sustainable development and transformation
- conducts research and seeks knowledge which can help to change perceptions and promote transformation
- initiates, supports and facilitates projects and processes that help bring people towards understanding, compassion and growth
- creates safe and open spaces for encounter and dialogue where relevant questions can be posed in an environment conducive to understanding